a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Serendipity



An aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

I believe that sums up my life, certainly it has become more clearly apparent after moving to Sequim.

I more often than not appear to be in the right place at the right time.  Is that my woman's intuition or is that fate?  One thing I have learned is to listen to my inner voice.

Can I control my destiny?  I'm not sure about that.  I did make the right move to Sequim.  I knew where I would be moving to for over 20 years.

I know I cannot control how other people feel or their level of commitment.  If I would trust my gut a bit more I wouldn't end up hurt.  It pays to listen to your inner voice.  I have found that it is usually correct.  It has taken me almost my whole life to trust that voice :)

I make friends easily and I cherish dear friendships, whether just chance meetings or lifelong friendships.  I have a few long time boyfriends, but most of my friends are women.  I find that I am being introduced to quite a few female partnerships of late.

What do I make of that?  If someone brings you happiness, I'm all for it.  Yes, there is always the chance of being hurt, but love and companionship are worth taking the risk.  I feel women are more honest and open.  Not all, but most.

Where am I going with this?  I'm not sure.  But, I want to let those special women and men in my life know how much their 'caring' has meant to me, especially with the pending divorce.  Heartbreak is heartbreak.  We have all been there.  Those that have taken the time to call or privately message me, or have sent cards, I want you to know I appreciate you.

Thank-you.

I leave you with my daily Buddha quote of the morning:

"It is all up to us.  We are the ones who have to keep looking at our thoughts, looking for the nature of our mind.  There is nobody else in control of our lives, our experiences, our freedom or our bondage."


No comments: