a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Thank-you

Thank-you to everyone for making my trip such a wonderful adventure: to my Oregon friends and son, to my Northern California friends, and to my Northern Nevada friends, it all was perfect.  And, it was nice to see so many of my So Cal friends at the Northern Nevada Sheepdog trial.

My van ran without a hitch (Yea), and my dogs traveled well. I saw some beautiful sights and shared many good times.  It was the perfect trip to take my mind off of the upcoming divorce.

I came home a few days early because I knew there would be a Chamber of Commerce luncheon and a free clinic dinner at the marina a couple of days apart that I didn't want to miss.

Cinco de Mayo is "D" day (first court hearing).  Normally, I would be giving my annual Kentucky Derby party the first Saturday in May, but I will have to postpone it until next year.  I'm not too sure what happens at the first court hearing.  I know Wayne and I don't have to show up.  It's all being handled by the attorney's and the judge.  My attorney said attending is kind of like having a root canal to some people.  I guess I can't speak.  I just have to listen.  I've had quite a few root canals, so I will be going. How would I know what questions to ask, if I don't listen to what is being discussed?

I want this whole divorce thing behind me.  I still feel badly about my husband.  Forgive him Lord, for he knows not what he is doing or has done.  Addiction is a killer.  I guess it's kind of like a death; it's going to take time, to feel less pain.

Thank goodness the Elk came back upon my homecoming from my trip.  The animals give me such a sense of peace and hope. My neighbors' warm welcomes made me feel blessed that I live here.  Coming home to a home cooked meal from one of my neighbors made me feel loved.  Several female elk are scouting the pond and stream below to give birth.  I'm watching closely.

I'm looking forward to the Vashon Island Sheepdog trial even though Champ is on the wait list.  I have two girlfriends flying in from California and Pennsylvania.  The one from Pa. is flying in with Champ's sister, Fly.  She is entered in Vashon.  I found us a B and B on the island for a few days so we could enjoy the evenings together.

It's always nice to have something to LOOK FORWARD to, isn't it?  I think it keeps me going.  When I don't have something to look forward to, I'm kind of blah.  I don't feel as energetic.

Anyway, y'all take time to enjoy what is around you.  Accept others as they are; forgive and remember, you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think....






                                                                    SOAR ON



1 comment:

Karen said...

Those are some awesome photos. I hope your photography is bringing you much joy!