a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Oh shit, Oh dear

It's the New Year!

Hard to believe I have been in Sequim for 3 years now.  I believe I am destined to live alone.  That's sad in that I have so much love and laughter to share.  Oh well.  I will just have to spread my joy volunteering in my community.

I will try to save my pennies to travel more this year.  I have two decent lenses now, a portrait lens and a wide angle lens.  I hope to have a good zoom lens to add to my others.  I'm trying to learn photoshop.  That should keep me busy until I die. LOL

It's also hard to believe that Champ turned 5 yrs old Dec.19th and his mother, Kilt will be 13 this year.  It's almost even harder to believe that I will be 67 and Yoko 9 on Jan. 19th.  And, don't forget Trouble who will be 15 yrs. old in May.  You just don't believe you will get old when you are younger.  It's so weird.

The hardest thing for me being alone on acreage is finding dog sitters when I really need them.  I have a few medical procedures coming up.  Neighbors and friends are driving me and others are caring for my dogs for me. Phew.  I am so very grateful.  It's a lot of work on a 5 acre hillside for me. It will either keep me young or kill me :0)

Remember folks, life is short.  It is what you make of it.  Do your very best to spread a kind word or two and give out smiles freely.  Try not to be impatient and don't be bitter.  Sometimes stuff is out of our control.  I don't like that, but that's life in a nutshell.  Make positive changes for the new year.  I continue on my journey to get rid of "stuff."  I didn't do so well last year because I had so much emotional baggage to deal with.  At least that's my excuse.  Haha  I plan on doing better this year!

Wishing all of my family and friends the very Best in 2017!  The coffee is hot and the front door is open.  I love visitors.  Don't be a stranger!   XXXOOO












No comments: