a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Rainbow Chaser

I am counting my blessings tonight. A young man came to my photography meeting tonight. He came with his hospice nurse. You read that correctly. He came with his HOSPICE nurse. He is end stage cancer with a tumor that has fused his mouth almost totally closed. He had his hospice nurse give a few short sentences about his disease as he wiped the saliva dribbling out of his mouth onto his shirt. His love of photography was very evident as he got up in front of everyone having his hospice nurse add a few things that the main speaker hadn't discussed that he thought we would find interesting. Forget the photography, the nurse in me found it amazing that he was still living his life to the fullest. Honest to God, I will never complain again. God bless him.
People, don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff....


I left the meeting early because the second speaker was talking about something I really wasn't interested in learning.  Actually, I had kind of 'restless legs,' but i'm not complaining. As soon as I got to the parking lot I got a text from my neighbors with a photo of the rainbows they could see from their water view.  I could see the rainbows from the parking lot.  They were amazing.  With only my iPhone with me I headed to Jamestown Beach.  I took several photos there and then as I headed towards home, the sky turned a gold color, the likes that I had never seen before.  I headed to Port Williams Beach.  When I arrived the rainbows were spectacular.  The guys I parked next to were almost giddy.  They told me that 15 minutes earlier the rainbows came across the water and shone directly into their car.  They had never seen anything like that in their lives.  They were ecstatic.  It was an amazing sight.  An amazing night.





My neighbors are calling me "The Rainbow Chaser."  I kind of like it.  Everything happens for a purpose.  I'm sure of it.  I left the meeting early because I was meant to see this spectacular spectacle of nature.  As I watched the rainbows mirror their reflection across the water, I looked up above, giving a nod and a wink to my folks.  I knew they both were there with me.  I had no doubt.  

Speaking of photography, I am thinking about taking the leap....for a new camera.  My camera is from 2009.  Electronics have come a long way since back then.  Thinking of driving to Silverdale tomorrow to look at the Canon T6s and the Canon D80.  I know the D80 is the better camera, but the Rebels are so light. I want to "feel" the difference.  I just bought a tripod.  I have never used one.  LOL  Some photographer I am :)  I am enjoying the photography club and my photography college class starts in a few weeks.  Time to step up my game.



The wildflowers at the George Washington Inn are just insane right now along with their lavender.  Most of my wildflowers are on their way out, but their's are still spectacular.  This is an unretouched photo of what it looks like :)


What a wonderful week with my son and his new "rehomed" Australian cattle Dog (ACD), Maxine.  She went by cargo from Missouri to Atlanta to Portland where Dustin picked her up.  She just turned 5 mos.  She was well socialized and pretty much bomb proof for her age.  It was nice that they could hang for a week with my pack.  They all enjoyed hiking together.  Mine weren't real keen on sharing their home though.  Maxine took it all in stride.  She got a few nips, but it didn't seem to phase her in true ACD style.  Plus, she got to meet sheep.  It was a great week.




While Dustin was here he did odd jobs for me including helping me build a little dry creek bed in front of my cedar chairs where I like to have a cocktail in the evenings.  I have a good view of Happy Valley from here plus in the fall it will be awesome when the geese fly by in the evenings back to Sequim Bay.

What's happening on the home fronts?  Not a whole hell of a lot.  Still hoping for an offer on the modular home in Shelton as a "take it as it." sale.  We had one offer, but that fell through.  The Green Valley house is still in it's second Escrow.  Wayne has been working like a dog to repair all of the items the inspector listed as needing to be done.  The well was tested and no where near the 3 gal/min that LA County wants it to produce.  We have 2 wells and have never had to haul water in, but they aren't happy with what the big well is producing.  So now, can we make a deal, will the lenders go for it?  All remains to be seen. Ugh.  What will be, will be.  Wayne is doing a fabulous job with all of the details.  Thank God.

Other than missing sheepdog trialling, all is well.  Thee weather is beautiful and I'm her so grateful to be living here.  Making the most of it :0)  Happy summer to you all.  




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Summer to you!

I have looked for you a number of times to no avail until last week. I read a YA book called "Stake Night". That made me remember Big Johns show name- I googled that and there you are.
I know you like to read; did you happen to read "Lads Before the Wind"by Karen Pryor? Anyone who enjoys clicker training will enjoy that book.
Do you remember "Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit" by Eric Hatch?

I remember a lot of little things about you and your family. I always remember you for good above and beyond the norm. Way above. Have a lovely week.
M. Hollenbeck

gvmama said...

Marty, is that you? For real? I have been looking for you, too. Sorry about the delay in reading your post. I hope you will email me fuzfawn@aol.com I want to catch up. I think of you, Holly, and Tom a lot. Please write to me and fill me in on the last 4 decades or so!!!!!! Miss you. We shared some FUN times. That's for sure. You now they have a FaceBook page for Valley School Girls. I have connected with lots of them on Facebook and in person.