a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

About time....

Wayne is actually going to go fishing!  Yea!  It was his birthday yesterday.  Since I am still battling this pinched nerve in my neck, about all I mustered up was a musical card.  Thankfully, being a man, he didn't mind.  I got him some trout lures for Christmas and I think I need to get him a good fishing pole for the trip.
Wayne is going with my girlfriend's husband.  John has the boat and Wayne has the toy hauler.  Perfect.
Wayne seems to work ALL of the time.  So, I'm pretty happy he is going to take some time for himself.  Mel and I had to push the guys a little to commit, but they finally did.  I think it was the lure of $$$$.

Countdown to the 22nd Annual Isabella Lake Fishing Derby

38 Days, 20 Hours, 23 Minutes, 02 Seconds.

What is being called the world's largest amateur trout derby, the Isabella Lake Fishing Derby is
now in its 22nd year. Held at one of largest fresh water lakes in southern California, located less
than three hours north of the Los Angeles area. With over $250,000 in prizes up for grabs, the 2011
event is looking to be the best yet. A drawing for a Lowe 170 Stinger Boat will be held on Monday, April
18, 2011. A limited number of tickets are available. This year, the Kern River Valley Chamber of
Commerce will have a trout valued at $20,000. If the registered angler who catches that trout is
wearing an official Isabella Lake Fishing Derby shirt, the value of the prize doubles to $40,000.
(note: Derby shirts will be in limited supply)  Be sure to register before March 15, 2011 to
qualify for the $500 early entry drawing.

I better make sure he gets one of those shirts.  Think I'll order one right now.  Wayne has always been LUCKY.  He's the guy you want to go to the race track with!  I'm so glad he is going to take some time off to have some fun WITHOUT the dogs. Manly time....LOL

I will take care of the homefront while spending the weekend in the classroom renewing my PALS Pediatric Advanced Lifesaving Cert. that weekend.  Don't feel badly for me though.  Just after Easter weekend I am going on a 4 day cruise to Catalina/Ensenada with one of my girlfriends.  Once in awhile, the dogs need to take a backseat. :0)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Enjoy your 'dogless' time:) Best of luck to Wayne!
The hard part is being able to do something together for more than one day that is dogless, sheepless, chickenless etc.

gvmama said...

Ain't that the truth!