a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Monday, December 27, 2010

Yoko working two sheep



Above is Yoko, after shedding 2 sheep from 5, taking them to the pen.  I asked her to walk in a little closer knowing the sheep would try to escape.  Wayne was filming.

I usually set out to accomplish a certain lesson with my dogs on sheep when I go to train. But, on occasion a "golden moment" arises. When this happens, I throw out my plan for the day and go with the opportunity that it is presenting itself.

Everytime I go out to work the dogs, "I" learn a little bit more from them. It is amazing to me how they can feel the pressure when I can't even see it. It is most intriguing. And, that my friends, is how one gets hooked on working sheepdogs!

No comments: