a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Scott Glen open handlers clinic

Ahhh...this is my BIGGEST disappointment this year.....having to give up my spot in Scott's 4 day clinic today at Fido Farms in Washington. I have worked so hard to get my dogs to the open competition level. Bah Humbug.

Scott is taking only 10 open handlers and working on double lifts, shedding farm flocks and more. I have worked diligently with all 3 of my dogs on look backs, blind outruns, and shedding. I sure could have used some expert help. It's not often I get to have a professional eye such as Scott's critique my work and offer me tips.

I'm not sure if Jenny is attending or not. Jenny and I go way back with "Bob" and "Jet" at the Drummond Ranch. I remember meeting Scott at the Drummonds working a half brother of Jet's he had in training for someone. I think that was before Scott and Jenny became a pair. :0)

Sigh... get over it Suzanne. It wasn't in the stars for you this year. I can still whine a little. Thankfully, my husband felt badly for me, too, and is taking me away for a few days. Afterall, it is our 27th anniversary Aug. 14th.


No comments: