a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Sunday, January 31, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS Melodie and Ty

Pictured at their third AKC trial taking High In Trial out of 120 entries
Oh, I couldn't be more pleased! Ty, a sensational agility dog has decided to take up herding.
And, what a team they are making. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have worked with Mel and Ty. He doesn't get to see sheep that often. Our biggest break through was taking him to the desert to work. After that, he was a changed dog. He just "got it." Melodie is a fabulous handler. Ty finished his started title this weekend and moved up to Intermediate and ran a beautiful course the next level up. They were AWESOME. I was thrilled for them to say the least.


P.S. Yoko finished her Intermediate title at this, her 4th AKC trial, and moved up to Advanced. She received 2 qualifying Advanced runs. Her first Advanced run (out of 17 dogs) she was reserve highest score on sheep at the trial. Go Yo....


And, look at this fabulous PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE Eddy made me for my 60th birthday. We all enjoyed it at the lunch break during the trial, garnished with whip cream and vanilla ice cream. Eddy trials Sheila the Kelpie, but he has crossed over to the dark side. Look out...."Joe" is going to be GREAT!





No comments: