a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Long time, No post

Good or bad, I'm back.
The dogs and I are still upright.  None of us are without our problems, but I think I can speak for all of us, we are enjoying life, just the same.
The rainy season is upon us.  Hence; the 'minion' mushroom family on my walkway.

Shaggy Mane mushrooms (the devil made me do it)


ECO-THERAPY
You ask, what the heck is that?  It's what all physicians should be prescribing.  Get OUTSIDE for at least 30 min. a day X 5 days a week.  Anxious?  Depressed?  Prescribing drugs usually is not the answer.  Eco-therapy is.  I find when I am walking miles with my furry friends, I smile the WHOLE time.  Someone would have a hard time wiping the grin off my face.
Need an attitude adjustment?  Eco-therapy could be your answer.  It clears your mind and you will sleep better.  Plus, I meet the nicest people on my walks.  Even if I walk the same path over and over, I still find things I hadn't seen before.  My sled team pulls me along at a pretty fast clip.
I carry cookies when we see bicyclers, people, dogs, etc.  Everybody remarks how well behaved my dogs are, and for the most part they are right.

The girls take a break on their 4 mile walk.


We had two early snows in November.  Of course, sledding was foremost in my mind.  I actually had someone to go sledding with this year.  I have met a gentleman friend that makes me laugh.  He has Border Collies and an Italian Greyhound.  He is a photographer and is as active as I am.  He lives close by.  His name is Ken.  We like a lot of the same things.  It is so nice to have a companion who is kind and funny during a very lonely time for me going through the divorce.

Sol Duc, taking photos of the salmon going upstream

A cold hummingbird.  I have taken their feeder down for the winter.

Ken, with 2 of mine and 2 of his :)


My neighbors invited Ken and me to Thanksgiving with them at Lake Crescent.  It was a magnificent day.  It was good company and good food.  The scenery was spectacular with even an elk herd along the 101 on the way home.

Kilt is 13 now.  I'm about to turn 68.  Where does the time go?
Kilt pretty much accompanies me wherever I go these days.



Sometimes when the chips are down, pick yourself up, and get out of the house.  Being reclusive is not the answer.  
I am still volunteering at the Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center.  I am also volunteering once or twice a month at the Free Medical Clinic in Sequim.  I still meet up with my crazy and fun friends in the breakfast club. It keeps me connected with very caring people. It makes me appreciate what I have.  It makes me want to give back to my community.  

After 35 years of marriage, now in the throes of divorce, I know I will never remarry.  The hurt was just too much.  That doesn't mean I won't let companionship into my life.  I'm a very social person. I try not to be remorseful.  People do what they need to do, I guess.  Hurting others is not in MY book of life.

I am now looking forward to Christmas.  I love the holidays.  My son will be coming up for Christmas.  I am very much looking forward to seeing him and Maxine.


ENJOY the Holidays!


























1 comment:

Karen said...

It's a rare day I don't do my eco therapy. Good to find out a little more about Ken;-) I am very happy for you in that department!! And there are five border collies in the picture, unless Ken has a dog with a head on both ends, haha!