a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Photography

In the last six months I have spent time trying to improve my photography skills.  It started with taking a camera class to learn how to get off of automatic and use manual settings.  I'm still getting to know my camera.  It is a Canon 80D.  I bet I don't know half of what it does yet.

Then, I took four Photoshop classes with the college.  And, with help from Bonnie the photog pro, I have learned how to mask in a different background. If I like the photo, but the background is too busy I can now put any background to the picture I want. Maybe some people learn this easily, but it came really hard for me to learn.  I'm getting better at it.
I'm also starting to take my own background photos and keeping them in a file.

Just like anything else....the more you practice, the better you get.
Another thing I did was buy some decent lenses.  That improved the quality of my photos 10 fold. Goodbye kit lenses (the ones that come with the camera)

Anyway, I can see a big difference in my photos.  These were a few I have taken in the last 4 months. I hope I can just keep on improving as I get to know the functions and settings of my camera better.

Thanks for looking :)


Barred owl at the Raptor center in Sequim 


Red Tail Hawk


Rufous Hummingbird


Kodak bear at the Olympic Game Park



Red Tail Hawk



Canadian Geese flying at the pond


Barred owl


Champ at the beach


Bald Eagle at the pond



Red Tail Hawk


American Widgeon


Morning Dove on my porch


Mrs. Mallard at the pond


Mr. Mallard at the pond


Cotswold sheep




Champ at the pond

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Your Pictures are spectacular !!!
You def have a Very Good eye ..