a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Thursday, April 21, 2016

One of these mornings....

I'm going to get up and NOT make a To Do List.  Maybe, when I'm dead.

There is just so much I want to do here.  Sometimes I just have to make myself CHILL.  Our new neighbors "on the trail" are living in their slice of house (400 sq. foot rental) at the moment.  They own the adjoining 8 acres to us.  Thankful that they don't plan to build for several years and then it will be just a summer vacation home. Phew....  I envisioned fences, etc.  So happy!

The elk have been a few properties over, all morning.  They jumped the hot wire fence into Grouchy's pasture.  Grouchy obviously hasn't got up yet to see them.  LOL  Really, it is just an empty pasture.  I would think he would welcome them to graze, but alas, he doesn't.


Me and my dogs, we welcome them.  They fertilize and aerate the acreage.  Plus, I believe soon, it will be calving time.  Last year a couple of the cows chose below at the pond to calve.  They leave the herd for several weeks to give birth.  Once the baby is strong enough (and survives) they head back to the herd.


The rhododendrons and lilacs are in full bloom right now.  And, also, so are the WEEDS.  Thankfully, I don't mind my gardens to look a little WILD.  I'm not OCD about it.  Whatever comes up, can come up.  It takes me awhile to decipher whether it is a real flower or a real weed.  And, some of the weeds I love just as much as the flowers.  So there!




It's almost time to start kayaking.  I can't wait.  Wayne is flying out in a couple of weeks for a week.  I hope we can kayak, etc. etc.  This is Mount Baker in the background just out of Sequim bay in the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

There is a hike I'm eagerly looking forward to doing about an hour and a half away out of Hoodsport. I want to climb Mount Ellinor.  Easy (I think) summer hike 6 1/2 miles round trip.  My neighbor just did it.  But, the snow on top was like 30 feet deep.  There is a snow chute made from hikers trudging up the mountain.  My neighbor takes his snow pants and a trash bag.  Then, sits down in the chute and toboggans down.  He says it is a BLAST.  Sounds fun.  Better I take along another hiker with me if I plan to do the icy chute (just in case)  Hahahaha


I just looked out the window and this is what I see.  HEAVEN :0)




It's the truth, isn't it?  That's all. Have a good day :0)













No comments: