a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Monday, February 1, 2016

Netflix

Okay, I'm through all 4 seasons of Hart of Dixie.  I probably missed about 10 episodes because I would fall asleep to it. LOL  Now I have moved on to "New Girl."  I'm loving the whole program.  It's kind of like Cheech and Chong with a few extra characters on acid.  Jess cracks me up.  She is so out there.  You just wish that sometimes you coukd be brave enough to be as bizarre as she!  Well, at least, I do.

The dogs bring me lots of comfort.  It's still not the same as cuddling up on the couch with someone you love :(  I'm a cuddler.  I miss that in my life now.  The gardening class I took showed me the error of my ways if I thought my gardens were work-free.  Lordy.  I have been pruning and weeding, weeding and pruning, and so forth.  Lots of raking up old leaves which I thought made good mulch, but learned that is where insects and bacteria like to hide.

I have always been dead set against Round-Up, but Andrew who writes for the paper and takes care of some million dollar homes over the bluff on the Strait of Juan De Fuca convinced me I am wrong.  It doesn't "relocate."  That's the key thing.  It's pretty safe after 4 hours for your pets and it doesn't leach out when it rains.  He used Round-Up and Snapshot.  Taking care of my place by myself, I'm going to have to go over to the dark side and believe him!

I'm missing trials and that's the way it's going to roll this year.  Even though, I am happy with how Champ is working, I just do not have the time or money to be gallivanting around to sheepdog trials.  Chest la vie.  The dogs have been a blessing for me.  Lots of love.  Four is enough, well, really three and a quarter.  Trouble only accounts for one quarter :)

Troubie has been doing great with me brushing her teeth with the ultrasonic toothbrush.  The ultrasonic brushes are just the right size for her plus they massage her gums helping with the gingivitis.  She has had about 6 teeth pulled in the past.  Wayne just could not take care of her the way she needed to be cared for at almost 14.  Kilt was a tad underweight.  She has been wormed and is eating twice a day now.  Plus, she is happier than I have seen her in a long time.  That makes me happy.


                                      The most important path for sustaining peace of mind is compassion

I'm going to have to make another trip to California...either in a week or two or at the end of March.  There are lots of loose ends to tie up.  I will take all 4 dogs (3 1/4 dogs) in the VW Jetta because I bet it won't even cost me much over $100 to do 1200 miles in that car.  It gets an easy 40-45 mpg.  Yea.
It will be tight quarters, but we will manage.

Plus, I need to get my CT of my lungs done.  I feel good, so that's a plus.  I have been having an energy protein shake once a day instead of an ordinary meal.  Plus, walking up and down my hill, well, that would keep anyone in shape :0)  I pray nightly that everything in my life will smooth out sooner rather than later.  When I think the chips are down, I try to think of someone in worse shape.  It usually snaps me out of it.  But, even so, I did NOT plan on retiring here alone. At the same time, it is a gift that I am here.  I'm still trying to remember 'Let go or be dragged.' Not as easy as it seems after decades of being married.

Go Panthers :)









No comments: