a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Decisions

I have been battling on whether to retire at 65 in January or wait until I am 66.  There is just too much I want to do NOW while I CAN.  I WILL retire in January.  I have made the decision. But, if the right per diem nursing job comes along, I will still interview for it.  I want to TRAVEL.  I want to get back up to Alaska and I want to get to Yellowstone.  There are lots of volunteer jobs I would like to take the time to do such as at the Boys and Girls club, for one.

I don't want any more dogs.  I have had enough JOY and HEARTACHE to last me the rest of my lifetime.   Though, I do want to give CHAMP every chance I can to succeed.  We will do it together.   I am just proud that I bred him.  Plus, I'd really like to get to the finals one of these years.  Just to say I competed.  Both Yoko and Champ were Nursery qualifiers, but the timing was not good for me to go to the finals.  I'm not sure Yoko would have been competitive, but I know Champ would have been.  I'd rather go as an open handler anyway.

To me, it's all about being comfortable with who you are at my age.  There is no need for me to feel I have to impress anyone.  Taking time to smell the roses and enjoying all moments and all that surrounds me.  That's how I will live the rest of my life :0)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will not regret your decision Suzanne. The retired guy in Quincy.
(;{)~