a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Friday, December 19, 2014

Correct the Wrong!

Who said that?  Well, you would know if you have been to a Jack Knox clinic.  Actually, those 3 words work for me.  Go to the Light.  Correct the wrong.  Oh wait...Go to the light is 4 words. LOL

But, of course, FIRST you have to understand what is wrong, to be able to correct the wrong!  By jove, I think I'm finally getting it.  I have always been "self taught."  (Wrong or Right) Now, I have an instructor who works for me.  I had others that would have worked for me, but the travel distance was unGodly.  So, I would try to look at CDs and do it by myself :0)  I think that's the LONG way.  Rhymes with WRONG way.  hahaha

So here is what I learned.  I think Champ is pretty sick and tired of hearing me chatter at him while he is working.  "There, there, hey now, that's good, etc. etc.  I think he would like me to SHUT UP.  There's a novelty :)  Just SHUT the you know what up and only CORRECT the WRONG.  Wow, what an epiphany.

Today, when he was right, I said nothing.  And, you know what?  He stopped looking at me on his drive.  Maybe, I gave him time to concentrate.  Men usually hate women that talk too much.  Maybe, it's the same with my dog.  OMG!

When I was at the clinic I pointed out to Mr. Knox Champ's lovely one leg of a drive he was doing and he said, "So?  I'm only interested in correcting the wrong."  Well, shit howdy...okay then!  That cracked me up.

This is what I learned.  I'm never going to be a professional Border Collie trainer.  But, I love what I am doing.  And, there is a heck of a lot more for me to learn.

With that said, Onward and Upward!

Oh yeah....And, have yourself a very Merry Christmas.  I know I will :0)





No comments: