a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Odds and Ends...FUN stuff

http://www.glennlandfarm.com/janes/janesindex.php

While at the lambtown sheep trial I met Wes and Jane of Jane's Country Creations.  They had a booth at the Lambtown festival.  I spent almost a couple of hundred dollars at their booth.  They make the neatest things.  But, what I really loved was her artwork on the gourds.

  She actually burns in the designs to give the art texture.  It was way cool.  

Cute, eh?  I may keep this one for myself.  Though, I have someone in mind for this gourd as a gift, too.  I am thinking I might like to do this type of artwork.  Sounds like great retirement fun.
I had a $50 coupon to Amazon from work, so today I bought 4 books that came to $49.50 with shipping on the art of growing and decorating gourds.

Love this...a going away present for someone who has been pretty special to me and my dogs while we have lived here :0)  The tooling on the saddle is great.

A just for fun sheep.  Kilt and I had a nice time visiting with Wes and Jane.  The sheep trial didn't start until 10 am, so we were up and wandering around the booths at 8 am while I had my coffee. Wes and Jane live in Orland and invited me to stop in on one of my trips to Sequim.  And, (Drum roll)  they just happened to mention that they have 400 sheep!  Sounds like a good rest stop to me. :0)




1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow, I really like that first gourd!
Gourd decorating has always fascinated me, and I've always thought that I'd like to give it a try, along with a million other things too:)