a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Eastern Caribbean

Well, it sounds rather frivolous of me to take a trip to the Eastern Caribbean in November after just buying a house while having to put together our home here in Green Valley to place on the market for sale.  But, that's how it worked out.  My girlfriend and I have been planning this trip for a year now.  It's not like I can just back out (nor do I want to)!  I let my girlfriend, Mary, plan 'girlfriend' cruises for us.  I really don't do anything.  I just need to come up with my airfare and trip money while she does all of the rest.  This will be our third cruise together.

I know absolutely 'nothing' about the Eastern Caribbean so I thought I should print up a map so I don't look too stupid.  In the beginning of November we are going on an 8 day island cruise visiting Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and of course the cruise begins and ends in Puerto Rico.  So if you all have been there and have suggestions...tell me!


I have just gone through the 100 side excursions that are offered on each island.  Most aren't too expensive, but it is overwhelming to try to just pick ONE when they offer like 20 different excursions on each island.  Mercy!  

Snorkeling is a given.  I would like to snorkel with sting rays and with the big sea turtles.  I would like to try the 'power' snorkel that pulls you along in the water at almost 4 mph just because it sounds like fun.  Mary says we have to go on the Pirate's catamaran and drink rum until we drown or do something stupid to get us banished.  I will have to read through the excursions quite a few more times to narrow it down to one each day on each island.  I did run over to Macy's the other day to buy a couple of bargain swimsuits (not really a bargain) before the season was over.  There was hardly any selection, but c'est la vie.'  Only have to lose 15 unwanted pounds in 2 months.  Like that's going to happen.  LOL

Already planning 2015 cruise with Mary, so I better find a job in Sequim and one that doesn't mind me cruising.  Like right, sure, you betcha.  Hahahaha  For 2014 we have decided to save our money.  Mary can come visit us in the PNW.  We are planning on going for a 11 day Western European cruise in 2015.  It starts out in Holland sailing to France, Spain, and Portugal.  

This is how I look at it.  You are only going around once, so make the best of it.  Enjoy life to the fullest.  Plus, being 5 years cancer free, I know only too well that it can rear it's ugly head again any time it feels like it.  I'm not the type of person that sits back and waits for things to happen.  I like to make it happen!  And, I'll work hard to have it happen!

Seize the day (as fellow blogger Lora would say)






No comments: