a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Getting closer....

One stock dog trial and two more work days at the hospital and I will be on the road to Washington.
I have a notebook organized with all of the places I'd like to see.  Too many for four days of looking.  That's for sure.  I will tag the ones that we think look better than the others.  Might as well see the best first.  I talked to my realtor to be sure he could give me all four days and to see if he would show me a few homes in Port Angeles, too.  He said, 'No problem.'  I didn't want to get there and find out he was busy with another customer on one of the days I have to look.  Best be prepared, especially, when time is not on your side.

Wayne put some new back brakes on the Avalanche and a new serpentine belt.  I'm almost at 200,000 miles on the truck. We keep it pretty tuned up.  I love that truck better than anything I have ever had.  So, I hope it makes another 100,000 miles.  I will be driving my RV van down to Jennifer's trial in Campo this weekend.  Each day the trial starts at 6 am.  Ugh.  Champ is going to help exhaust on Sat. for the pro-novice class.  I have to leave right after I run on Sunday, because I have to work on Monday.  Wouldn't you know it?  It's a 4 1/2 hour drive for me, one way.  I haven't been down to Jennifer's in ages, so I am looking forward to it.  My girls are tuned up and working nicely.

Had a scary few days with Jet.  He was bleeding internally.  We had several days of tarry and bright red bloody stools, plus he was cramping horribly the first 24 hours.  Personally, I think it is the Rimadyl.  He has always done better with Metacam.  My new Vet happens to like Rimadyl better.  We have been giving Jet a half of a Rimadyl in the morn and in the PM.  I stopped it immediately when I saw the blood and started him on a little goat yogurt, Pepto and Zantac.  He appears much better today with getting back to almost normal colored stools.  I made an appointment for him at the Vet today, but I'm thinking about canceling it.  He was  pretty sick for 24 hours, but he is now back to his perky self.

It's always something, isn't it?  I can't tell you how grateful I am and blessed to have so many good sheepdog friends offer me stops along the 5 freeway to take a break, stay overnight, and/ or work Champ.  It makes it neat to have places where I can take a break if I need to rest.  This weekend is going to drain me, plus, having to work 2 more days and also, fit in an stress echo on Tuesday morning to check my heart.  I fainted at the last trial we had a Terry's for no good reason.  My heart rate runs in the 40's/50's...always has, so just to be on the safe side I will get it checked out.  We did a 12 lead EKG at the Doc's yesterday.  It looked fine and my blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL's and LDL's are all where they should be.  Just still about 15 lbs. overweight.  I have even cut way back on my occasional beer or two.  But, I'm still having a hard time dropping those few unwanted pounds. :0(

The dogs are working nicely.  Kilt is slowing down at almost 9 yrs. of age.  It's hard to believe she is that old.  Maybe she has slowed down enough for me to be able to handle her.  We will see this weekend.  I just love the way that bitch works.  Yoko is working nicely, too.  Yoko would stand on her head for me.  Most definitely Jet's daughter.  Champ is sloooow in comparison to my females.  He always wants to check in on my body language and look back at me.  It drives me crazy.  Jet was a bit similar.  The girls NEVER look back at me.  I really don't have any good sheep for him to work.  They are all sheep you have to push.  That makes him look back at me even more.  Even so, he does have grit like the girls, has some come forward, and really tries to please me.  He is just a bit stupid in comparison to the females :0)  Time will tell, I guess.

Well, that's about all I have to report.  Thankful for the couple of hours of a light rain this morning.  It helped with the dust and the heat.  Onward and upward.  Hope you all have a great weekend!








1 comment: