a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Monday, April 8, 2013

Holy Moly!

Holy Moly.  Surprise!  Jalama beach now takes reservations and it's Easter break.  When I arrived there were ONLY 6 sites left and only for Thursday night.  The rest were booked for the weekend.  I wasn't the only one caught off guard.  Many people were shaking their heads wondering what they were going to do.

I always make the best of my travels, so I got a little (tiny) spot in the back and a cute surfer helped me back my van in.  I swear my van was only one foot from my picnic table on the camping spot.  LOL. Met and liked both of my neighbors.  Wouldn't mind staying even with the crowd, but I will have to move on tomorrow afternoon.

I took Jet and Champ on a long walk around Tarantula point (no camera).  I wanted to be sure Champers got to run and play.  The beach was fairly vacant for a packed campground.  I think everyone was having cocktail hour.  I kept Jet on leash so he didn't over extend himself, but Champ had a jolly good time :0)

The boys rarely complain.  They are ready for just about anything.   That makes them the perfect travelers.  They are happy with their food, never talk back, and make the  greatest company :0)

We returned to our spot and Tom (an old surfer) on one side and Ben, a loner on the other side, came over to meet the dogs.  We shot the shit a bit.  I fed the dogs.  What does one do when things go awry?  I pulled out a cold Corona and lime.  Then, I made a fab guacamole dip and chipped out on Doritos.  Ummmmmmm good.
What's my plan?  Not sure.  I may mosey on up the coast or may make some calls and work sheep on my way back home.  No cell reception here, so I will make plans after I leave on Friday afternoon.  It's okay.....it will all work out.
My Buddha app says," You only lose what you cling to."  Okay, I can handle that.  Let go and experience something new.  I'm ready :0)

Got up early this morning and spent well over an hour on the beach.  The zillion campers don't get up early.  LOL. I only had my small camera with me when beautiful images started to arise before me.  I went back to the Van and got my new camera.  A bit late, but I still played  with it.  I got a few nice photos.  I hadn't paid for my night yet, so I was the first person at the entrance of the park.  I paid for my spot and got a NEW spot for the next 3 nights.  Someone is pulling out today. Yea.  This afternoon I will pull into a bit larger spot.  I'm happy right where I am, but it is reserved by somebody else for today.  My neighbors said they will be sad to see me go.

It's cool and breezy this morning.  Jet had a hard time getting going early on.  He laid down in the road several times ( due to pain) making the short walk to the beach.  Once he got going, he was okay.  And, quite a few times the smile on his face and the gleam in his eyes returned and per usual, he won't take his eyes off of me.  Tears are streaming down my face as I write this.  I know his days are numbered.  I'm so glad I decided to do this trip.  Lucky for me I had some of Trouble's Tramadol (pain pills) with me.  I gave him one in the morning and one at night for the rest of the trip.  He was so much happier.

This is the HAPPY Jet I know and have been missing.  I am taking him to our Vet when I get back just for a check up and whatever it takes to keep this grin on his face.

I watched Argo last night.  Geez......a bit intense for me, but quite the thriller.  Today, I will clean the van, and read a bit about my new Canon Rebel.  Must go now....Jet wants to show our neighbors his tricks :0)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you were able to get a spot for the three extra nights.
Enjoy your time with sweet Jet (and Champ too of course)

Karen in Oliver