a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Friday, June 8, 2012

3 day weekend

Yea!!!  But, time hasn't stood still since I've been home from New Mexico.  So much to learn about epicardial pacemakers and open heart surgery.  So much to learn about judging sheepdog events.  Wayne has been working 24/7 at Lockheed.  I don't understand his workaholic ways.  I couldn't do it.  I can go 100 mph, but I have to do many varied things to keep me on the go.  Work wouldn't do it for me.  Different strokes for different folks.
AKC is probably the hardest to judge since they have so many RULES.  This Sunday I am judging my first AKC trial, Course A in the arena and Course B in the field, sheep and geese.  Luckily, I had a few laid back days at work, so I read their rule book like three different times :0)  I just hope I can be consistent.  Actually, I'm looking forward to it.  I already have another AKC trial and AHBA trial I am to judge later in the early fall.  I hope I can become good enough to do some traveling with the judging assignments.
Today, I'm off to an AHBA trial.  I am trialing all 3 BCs, Kilt, Jet and Yoko.  Yoko and Kilt are trialing in the ranch class and Jet is trialing in the arena and on geese.  I was hoping (since this WAS Wayne's day off) that we could go together and he could trial Jet.  But, he informed me he is working his day off. :0(  Oh well....can't let it get me down.  I'll take all 4 BC's with me.  Champ can come and pretend he is going to work sheep.  It's good for him to "hang."
Did I tell you that I almost put him on sheep?  I chickened out.  This pup is so INTENSE!  He has no fear of any sheep charging him in the face.  He is going to be something.  He is probably going to be MORE dog than I can handle, but I'm going to give it a try.  I will wait a bit until he has a bit more brain.  He is just starting to THINK now that he will be 6 months in a couple of weeks.  The other night he came up and just hung out on the bed with me while I read.  I liked that.  He is starting to look forward to me coming home from work. This is good.
When I get back from the trial today, I have to call and see if I am scheduled for Jury duty on Monday.  Yee Gads....my first week to start on the open heart team and I'm up for Jury duty?  That's a mean joke!  Last time I went to jury duty, a guy backed into my truck in the lot I was supposed to park in and the pups were only 3 weeks old.  They let me get out of it.  This week, getting out of it is doubtful.
That's a lot on my plate, but I think I can pull it off.  This is my favorite bumper sticker this week :0)




No comments: