a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New Mexico

New Mexico is the last sanctioned USBCHA trial until the fall for me.  I'm just too busy with lots of other things going on in my life at the moment.  Champ is just 5 mos. and has lots of growing up to do.  My grandson is getting married this summer.  I'm not going to miss that!  I'm going on a wine cruise with one of my girlfriends for 8 luxurious days.  I am part of the new open heart team at work.  We will start doing open hearts in June.  I'll be judging my first trial in June and have another assignment in October. We are doing lots of construction on our house.  Plus, I really want to spend some "quality" down time with my hubby this summer.  I'm pretty sure 'quality time' wouldn't mean sheepdog trailing to him. :0) 
I'm always busy, because I'm pretty passionate about everything I do.  I'm taking Kilt and Yoko to New Mexico with me.  It is going to be a fast and furious trip (no time for a Sedona side trip).  Unfortunately, the girls have maybe worked a handful of times in several months and most of their work time has been at trials.  Not exactly ideal.  But, we will make the most of it.


Today, I am at the Chevy dealer getting my broken horn on the truck repaired, having someone look at the low oil intermittent pressure alarm coming on, and getting my oil changed for the trip.  It takes me about 13 hrs. to get to Mountainair where the trial is located.  I haven't had time to look for a new used Van yet.  That will be on my list of things to do this summer.  I work tomorrow and will start driving to New Mexico Wednesday morning.  It takes me about 13 hours.  I might stop half way around Flagstaff depending on how things are going.  I'd like to take Champ, but I'm trying to be good to myself and only take my two dogs entered.  :0)  Wish me luck.  I could use a little!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good luck, and lots of it!