a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

After working yesterday, I am so happy to be traveling up the coast with my good friend, Melodie today. This is a short, no husband, no dog trip :0)

First we will stop at the beach in Ventura to visit one of Mel's artsy friends.  From there, we will travel up the coast leisurely until we get to Cambria.  We will spending 2 nights in a suite at Cambria Pines Lodge.

What a perfect Mother's Day.  A bottle of wine will be waiting in our room along with dinner at the lodge (mostly hand-picked in their organic garden)  Shopping in quaint Cambria, hiking, and riding horses at sunset on the beach...just a few of the activities we will be enjoying.

Once in awhile, you just have to pamper yourself :0)   To all of my gal pals, wishing you a lovely Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds wonderful! I might get as far as taking a bike ride at sunset. I suppose I could hop on old Pride's back at sunset too, and take a stroll. He'd probably die of shock:)