a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Thursday, December 29, 2011

This is my story (Part 1)

Ben Breedlove was an Austin teenager who had a popular YouTube channel ("OurAdvice4You") where he gave dating advice to viewers. He also had a life-threatening heart condition he fought every day growing up.


The brave 18-year-old lost his life on Christmas night from a heart attack. The week before, he recorded the below videos where he shared his feelings about death, after "cheating" it three times.





He also shared a vision that came to him when the paramedics were reviving him at his school: he stood in a white room, wearing a suit, and was joined by his favorite rapper, Kid Cudi.


"I then looked in the mirror, I was proud of myself of my entire life, everything I have done. It was the BEST feeling," he wrote.

Cudi posted the following message on his blog in response to the news of Breedlove's death: "I am so sad about Ben Breedlove. I watched the video he left for the world to see, and him seeing me in detail, in his vision really warmed my heart. I broke down... To Ben’s family, you raised a real hero, he’s definitely mine. You have my love."



Pretty POWERFUL.

No comments: