a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Whidbey Island

Whidbey Island is close to a chain of islands in the San Juan Islands.  Whidbey is located about 30 miles north of Seattle, and lies between the Olympic Peninsula and the I-5 corridor of western Washington. The island forms the northern boundary of Puget Sound.



I took this photo from my son's backyard on Whidbey


At Joseph Whidbey State park...the dogs found a driftwood home.


A very foggy morning didn't hamper Yoko's enthusiasm for a swim.


Pretty viewpoint on Whidbey island


Dogs running in the park.  Misty morning.  Normally, I would spot quite a few Bald Eagles at this park.  But, the fog was thick on the coast from Wa. all the way down to Calif.

It was nice to see my son, but it was brief.  His pinning as CHIEF comes up next week I believe.  Once they learn they have been chosen they almost go through a frat like hazing.  Honest, I don't think Dustin was home to sleep more than 4 hours a night.  He kind of was like a walking zombie.  I didn't want to add any pressure of me being there.  Quite frankly, I just wanted to REST before driving to Lacamas.  I didn't complain, but damn those broken displaced ribs hurt like a bitch.  Thank God every morning for Yoko.  She would give me kisses, then I'd grab her collar and say, "Let's go."  That was the only way I could sit up right.

We did get to go out to dinner one night. It was brief.  I got to meet Dustin's girlfriend who was delightful.  So was her 14 yr. old son.  I won't be flying up for the pinning, but Dustin's Navy son, Dustin, Jr., will be flying in from Texas for the ceremony.  WOOT!


No comments: