a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My SECOND home; My church

No, this isn't my second home, but this is where I get LOST each time I come from the Bay area to go to Jalama.  Normally, I would be coming from the South.  I always turn off too early towards Vandenberg Airforce base when coming from the North..  This is my second time lost in this adorable town in no man's land called ORCUTT.
When I googled Orcutt, this is what came up.
Orcutt is an unincorporated township located in the Santa Maria Valley of California, and a census-designated place; it is in Santa Barbara County, California, United States. Orcutt is named for William W. Orcutt, the manager of the Geological, Land and Engineering Departments of the Union Oil Company. Known as the “Dean of Petroleum Geologists" Orcutt is credited with discovering fossilized prehistoric animal bones preserved in pools of asphalt on the Hancock Ranch. These would be the first of many fossils excavated from the La Brea Tar Pits. In commemoration of Orcutt’s initial discovery, paleontologists named the La Brea Coyote in W.W. Orcutt’s honor, Canis Orcutti.




I wasn't that far off, but the young gas station attendant hadn't heard of Jalama.  Hadn't heard of Jalama?  Too young to know what he was missing.  Anyway, an older lady like myself gave me a big grin.  She knew where I wanted to go and gave me great directions. 


Now, THIS is my SECOND home.  Pictured driving into Jalama beach.  I can feel my blood pressure lower, my heart rate drop, and a sense of peacefulness surround me as soon as I see it.

Morning stroll.  Dear Lord, thank-you for another day.  Amen.

Happy Yo.  Happy Jet.  Beautiful hills in the background.


More early evening fun.

Oh yeah....Life is GOOD.

Do you see that little black and white speck against the cliffs to the left?  Yep, that's Jet.  Instead of walking at the water's edge, he likes to hang at the base of the cliffs.  Always has, always will.  I think Jet and I are so very much alike.  We are a great team, but we both like some 'alone' time.


Different sunsets for different months.  A gold glow for the end of August.

My friends at work asked, "Where did you stay?"  They should know me better by now.  LOL  I stayed right in the back of my Avalanche.  Popped that back window out, and enjoyed the evening reading, and  listening to the surf with the smell of campfires.

A few touched up photos.  Lone Pelican flying by.

  Take me home....JALAMA.



No comments: