a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Fabulous Day

All 3 of my BC's wanted to work cattle today, especially Yoko on the left in this picture. Sorry, but I don't have a big enough Vet fund for you guys to be getting hurt on cattle.

So, I worked all 3 BCs at the same time in the field on goats and sheep together.  I can't imagine having more fun than this, especially with the great weather we had today.  I love working all 3 of my dogs at the same time.  It really sharpens up their listening skills.  My BCs have similar whistles...only a few different for Jet, so I use their name first and then give them the command.  No, they don't look at me.  They understand to listen for their name.  Sometimes Jet plays like he is deaf.  But, he can hear a pin drop;  he is just using selective hearing, because he wants to do all of the work. :0)

Bad billy goat stragglers and a few sheep being put away after grazing on the nice green grass.

No comments: