a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wayne and Yoko

Excuse me....we are under construction.  I'm in blogger designer hell.  No time this morning to do any quick fixes, so enjoy the cartoon.  Off to Disneyland today!


The "Peanuts" comic strip above cracked me up.  Instead of Charlie Brown, insert, husband, Wayne.  Instead of Snoopy, insert, young Border Collie, Yoko.

Yoko has gotten into the pattern of waking Wayne up somewhere about 2:30 or 3:00 AM.  He gets up dutifully "every" night and puts her outside for a few minutes.  Since he is now up, he puts all 5 dogs out for a few minutes.  Sometimes the JRT and the Lab aren't real excited about getting up in the middle of the night.  But, you can best be assured all 3 Border Collies can't wait to RACE down the stairs to go outside at that ungodly hour!

Wayne says she wouldn't wake him if she didn't have to go out to potty.  I disagree.  Sometimes she jumps on my side of the bed if Wayne hasn't awakened and I tell her to, "GET."   My yelling "GET" wakes the ol man and he dutifully makes the trek down the stairs to the back door. 

We like to argue about this.  I say she is "patterned" into waking him up.  She is ringing his bells.  Because, when I am home alone or at a motel, Yoko doesn't bother me to go outside.  She already knows I'm NOT getting up!  I might get up if I heard a tummy rumble or sniffed an odor in the air since I'm a light sleeper, but my dogs know not to wake me up unless they have a really good reason.

Yes, we could put Yoko in a crate, but Wayne doesn't want to do that.  I think he secretly enjoys her putting her paws on his head in the middle of the night.  Maybe, it's wishful thinking that it's me putting my paws on him in the middle of the night.  hahaha  Now, I'm cracking myself up :0)  Anyway, the middle of the night "go potty" continues on.  Yoko is no dummy.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh that's funny,(the last paragraph) and I think you hit the nail on the head about Wayne being trained!

Nothing like waking up to that wretching sound, which then results in a mad race to the door, which involves the other border collie joining in that mad race, and inevitably you can never get the door open in time. Thank goodness it only happens rarely.