a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Monday, October 18, 2010

Competitive family

This is my father's mother.....my grandmother riding side saddle.



My mother rode hunters when younger and showed dogs.  This is Mom when I was growing up showing Saddle Seat pleasure.  She was a nervous wreck, but smiled big and won a lot!



This my brother Jim on his stock horse, Marino's Champ.  That's the most money my folks ever put out on a horse.  Jim rode for awhile in the stock horse classes, spinning and sliding, but girls were his biggest priority at that time of his life..




I rode anything and everything.  I pretty much could ride ANYTHING.  This was my saddle seat 3 gaited/equitation horse, Big John.  I also rode stock seat and hunter/jumpers.

When I left home I went to the dogs.  Here I am with Pay the Piper of Aberdare.  I was the owner/breeder/handler shown winning the 2nd ASCA National Specialty.

From there, I did more hunter/jumpers and trick training with my horses.  When the horse habit became too expensive, I switched to agility.  My husband has qualified for the USDAA finals 5 years in a row with his Labrador.  Then, I thought it about time to get a Border Collie.  That's when Jet came into our lives and was the best and fastest agility dog a girl could ask for....that is until he saw SHEEP.  The rest is history. :0)



No comments: