a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Intensive Care Unit

Today I helped move our critical care patients from the old ICU to the brand new ICU.
Check it out! Isn't it gorgeous? Our old ICU could take 12 patients. The new ICU can hold 18 patients, all in their own individual rooms. It truly is "State of the Art." Our hospital is a level II trauma unit.
I have been a registered nurse for 25 years. I absolutely LOVE bedside care. I received my Masters in nursing. I have never been interested in administrative work. I enjoy teaching and caring for patients. There has never been a day where I didn't learn something new! I don't know many people that can say that about their jobs.
And, when I received the news that I had cancer (almost 2 yrs. ago), all of my co-workers rallied around me and supported me through the worst of times and the best of times. I consider myself so very fortunate. I have the greatest friends and colleagues, and a profession that I adore.

No comments: