a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Monday, December 14, 2009

Good morning from Sewall's Point Florida

Rough, huh? This is my view when I get up early to fish in the morning. Ibis, herons, pelicans, and osprey are all out there fishing with me. Winter in Florida is pretty spectacular.
This is Pop's house on the Indian River which leads out to the Atlantic ocean. Pop out lived his first wife, my Mom (married 54 yrs.) and he outlived his 2nd wife of 9 years. It was important to my brother and me that he live out the rest of his days in his own house.

This is my brother and his wife, Linda. That is Jules the chihuahua who lives here also. My brother and his wife retired to take care of Pop. I am so thankful, because I know I will never be able to retire :0)


This is Jule's only trick. "Get in the purse, we are going." Jules doesn't like me. I am trying to get her owners to put her food down for 10 min. and then take it away from her when she doesn't eat it. In fact, I think I can safely say Jules is looking forward to the END of my visit.


This is my almost 93 yr. old father. He is pictured here working on his tan with his best friend, Scooter. Scooter, the JRT lives next door. Jules (chihuahua) likes Scooter about as much as she dislikes me.


To make it to 100 yrs. of age, you have to be active and exercise. A shot of Bourbon in the evening is the other secret. Okay, okay...maybe that AICD/Pacemaker is helping, too.

I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it).




No comments: