a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Huevos Rancheros



My geese have been mean of late.  They temperaments have taken a turn for the worse.  I could see that some of my hens were with eggs.  But, none had laid any until Valentines Day.  Then, we got our first goose egg.  I have what appears to be three hens and two ganders.  Maybe it's because of this spring like weather in the winter, but my husband said they are having a F*** Fest.  They only dog they don't mess with too much is Kilt.  Not too many mess with Kilt, no matter what species you are :0)  Yoko and Champ are learning to make some jump in their faces and a few fly bys at them when the geese come after them.  Our first egg was laid on Valentine's Day.  I put it in their dog house and I think the goose that laid it is pretty happy with it in there.






Can you see "Dot" in the dog house making her nest with her one egg.

I take them for a walk down the property to the sheep area every day that I am not working.  I like to keep them in shape, plus they need to get out of the arena.  They think they own the arena.

Kilt bringing them up from the barn.  I don't like to put Champ and Yoko on them when they are laying.  They are too damn mean.  I carry the lid to one of their feed buckets as a shield.  One bit me the other day and drew blood.  I'm prepared now.  Normally I would just hiss at them and stand my ground.  But, now, they will lower their heads and come at you.  El Cabong!  They know I will whack them one.

Two eggs today in the dog house.  Possible huevos rancheros and possibly a goose for dinner.


No comments: