a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday, Monday

Worked the weekend, so I could get Monday off in order to drive Wayne to the airport.  I thought he was going to Alabama.  I have been corrected.  He flew to Dallas on business this morning for the week.  That ought to tell you how BUSY we have been.  We don't even know where each other are going :0)

After the airport, I treated myself to Mimi's for a Bloody Mary and Eggs Benedict Florentine.  The weather was about 64 degrees today, so I took advantage of it by taking all 4 BC's over to Task Farm for some short works.  I choose the 3 adult Hamps and a couple of sidekicks to work.  This morning we had an audience.

It was still pretty cloudy since Champ was the first dog I worked.  The fence is new and now we have a group of fine looking horses interested in what's going on next door. :0)  Champ paid no attention to them.  His mother was just the same.

Blue skies started to appear by the time I got to working Yoko.  Yoko was not as comfortable as Champ and Kilt working the sheep along side of the horses.  Good experience for her.

Before coming home I drove over to the lake communities to see how they fared with the Powerhouse fire.  How depressing.  If you read my blog, you know I blog on occasion about hiking round Elizabeth lake with the dogs.  It is so scenic.  Well....it's all gone.  Burnt right up to the lake's edge.  I couldn't even bring myself to take a photo of it. :0(

I did take a picture of the vinyl fencing across the street from the lake on a large property.  It reminded me of the Wizard of Oz when they throw the pail of water over the witch and she melts.  This time fire raced across the land melting the vinyl fencing.  Lots of fencing....so sad.


Looking at lots of homes via the internet in Sequim.  Won't be, but barely 3 weeks, and I will be on the road for Washington to get a look at them in person.  What will I miss the most (other than our mountain home and sheepdog friends)  I will miss my co-workers.  I love my job and I love everyone I work with.  It will be hard to leave :0(


2 comments:

Karen said...

That must have been one heck of a decision for you to make, but congrats on doing it. It will be exciting following along on your blog as you look for your retirement property.
When you said Olympic Peninsula, my first thought was RAIN! Glad to see that Sequim benefits from the rain shadow. It gets more rain than our place at Oliver (12"), but a lot less than here in Abbotsford (60"). We will only be about 100 miles apart as the crow flies!

gvmama said...

Wow...really...100 miles as the crow flies. Sometimes a girl has gotta do what she has gotta do. Long time coming.