a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Trouble makes a deal



Saturday, we decided to go look at cars.  We made one stop and in less than 3 hours came home with a new car off the showroom floor.  LOL  Trouble cinched the deal for us.  This is what we purchased.


Yeah...Happy Mother's day to me.  It is a VW Jetta TDI (diesel) Sportswagon.  It gets 40-45 mpg.  It was time to stop driving the gas guzzling trucks all of the time and have at least one economical car to drive.  I LOVE it.  It may take me 6 months to learn about all the bells and whistles in it.  Plus, I love the sun roof :0)  We took crates out of my truck and brought them in right on the show roof floor...fits 2 in the back with the passenger seat still up.  Trouble test rode in it with us.  It has lots of pick up and go.
Wayne and i didn't even quibble a bit....SOLD.

Just got home from working the last 3 days at the hospital and I'm off for LAX airport early AM to fly to Fort Worth/Dallas.  I am going for a short visit to see my brother and his wife's new home in Tyler, Texas.  Every time I think of the fabulous care they gave Pop in his last years down in Florida my heart fills with love.  Jim had just retired, but Linda opted to retire and they both moved to Florida so Dad could stay in his home on the water till the very end.

My most favorite photo of my brother, Jim and Pop.  You can FEEL the LOVE.

And while i am in Texas for a whole 3 1/2 days, one of my nieces (Erin) and her hubby are coming to visit on Saturday and bringing my great nephew.  Look at him.  What a chunk!  The icing on the cake would be if i could see my other niece, Megan, and her two boys.

I can't wait to pinch those chubby cheeks.

Till next week, I leave you with this.....

Have a great week :0)






1 comment:

Karen said...


That Trouble strikes a hard deal:)!
Nice Mother's Day present!
Our son David would think you made the right choice, he also drives a VW diesel, and he's had a few more VW's previous to this one.
Have a great time visiting your relatives.