a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Monday, February 18, 2013

New iMac and...

Okay...My iMac is up and running and I have lots to learn.  Like how do I blog photos?  The HD screen is awesome and I see that lots of things are EASIER than my PC.  It's just going to be a bit of a learning curve.  I think I'm going to like it once I learn the in's and out's of everything.

I have a year of lessons, one to one with the Apple store in town.  Now I just need to set up some lessons.  Plus, I have a good book for a resource.  I just need time to read it.  And, I'm looking forward to a visit from my grandson (iMac user).

Exciting news (well, at least to me) is that we have received sanctioning for our first USBCHA Antelope Valley Stockdog Club trial at Task Farms. Task Farms has put on many, many AKC, AHBA, and ASCA trials, but this is their first USBCHA trial.  And, even more fun is that we got sanctioning for nursery classes.  We will be having a novice trial which will also include nursery.  I think that's quite exciting.  We plan on a real hoe down for Saturday night (June 15th)....music and a barbecue around the fire pit.

Kilt is still on REST for what we think is an iliopsosas strain (groin pull).  I hope she recovers in time to do some of the trials this coming month in March.  If not, it all falls on you, Yoko. :0)    I think we have 4 trials starting in March through the first week in April.

Suzy says Champ is doing well and is almost on all of his whistles now.  Hard thing is that I am having to change my whistles.  I am a horrible whistler and as about as tone deaf as one can get, but I'm trying to learn.  I will pick up Champ on the way to Zamora.  He will travel with me in my van with his mother and half sister, Yoko for several weeks.  He will have been with Suzy for 2 months.  I hope I will be able to STOP him :0)   Time will tell.  It sounds like she really likes him.  He reminds me of his Mom, so I know I will love him.  I just hope he will trial better for me than his Mom.  Time will tell.

Wayne has a birthday coming up.  I think he will be 55.  I'd like to go back to that age.  LOL  Unfortunately, I will be on the road to pick up Champ on his birthday.  I'll have to think up something special to do for him while I'm out and about.  It may be special enough that he will only have 3 old dogs and some sheep to care for.  I will have the 3 young dogs with me. :0)

Off to the desert to work Yoko.  Rain in the forecast for the next few days.  Lots to do.








2 comments:

Karen said...

I laughed at "I THINK he will be 55". You're a woman, you're supposed to know those things. It's the guys that usually take a guess:)

Hope Kilt recovers quickly. It's not much fun restricting the exercise on those border collies.

gvmama said...

I never remember if he is 7 or 8 yrs, younger than I am.