a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Passion

The other day I caught a bit of an interview on TV in one of my patients rooms.  Susan Sarandon was being interviewed.  The interviewer asked her if she was happy with her kids chosen professions.  She said, "I am happy if they are "passionate" about what they are doing.  It doesn't matter what they do, as long as they have a passion.

That makes a lot of sense to me.  When people have a passion, it is usually something they eat, breath and live outside of their job or it may even be their job.  Anyway you look at it, it occupies their mind in a healthy way.  They are busy and productive.

I'm thinking that's what lots of people today are missing....something they are passionate about.  Too much idol time is not good. My father used to say when he met up with a very good pool player.  "You can tell this person had an ill spent youth otherwise he wouldn't be able to play 8 ball so well."  LOL  Of course, that could have been that person's passion, I guess.  But, you catch my drift.

It would be interesting to me (anyway) to see how many juvenile delinquents and adult criminals had something they were passionate about.  I'm guessing there would be lots that just kind of drifted with no special something to be passionate about.  Just surmising.  :0)

No comments: