a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quote for the day

Never ignore the people that truly care about you.  Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting stars.

I love working my collies.  There is nothing I'd rather do.  But, numero uno is my FAMILY and numero dos are my FRIENDS.  My dogs take a backseat in that order. 
Before even thinking of breeding Kilt this Fall, Wayne and I sat down and discussed it.  We had to look at where we were in our lives.  We already know how much work is involved.   It is important to not get so wrapped up into the dogs, that you can't see the forest through the trees.  Unless, of course, the dogs are your profession.  They aren't mine.  They are just a very much loved hobby.
Plus, we are all getting older.  We are like the old folks home around here with the dogs this upcoming year.  They will be 4,8,10, 12 and 14.  While I still have the stamina and the love of, I will keep training my own dogs.
At the same time it is important to realize my husbands goals and desires, too.  I know he adores the dogs, but he isn't into wishing to do the Bluegrass some day, etc.  I have to take that into consideration.  I'm pretty happy just about anywhere, doing anything these days.  Best yet, if I have a few dogs accompanying me. The above quote means a lot to me.  I don't ever want to wake up and realize I lost the moon while counting stars. :0)

No comments: