a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Redwoods and more.....

On our way back from Washington, I took a side trip into the Redwoods in Humboldt Redwoods State park.  It was still fairly cool and Jet and Yoko yearned to run a bit.  This is California's third largest state park.  There were hardly any people there.  Afterwards, the dogs enjoyed a dip in the south fork of the Eel River.
They ran to their hearts content

They explored and saw new sights

Yoko couldn't believe the size of the trees :0)


LOL The Golden Gate bridge (fog coming in fast)

I drove through San Francisco.  If it hadn't been so late I would have stopped at the wharf.  I kept driving until I was too tired.  I stopped at Gilroy (the garlic capital of the world) and spent a nice night there at the Motel 6.  It was clean and cool.  Yes, it was a bit stinky, but I got a good night's sleep.  I was keeping an eye on the hurricane on the East Coast since my family live in Florida.  I have a hurricane APP on my ipad, but it was nice to relax and watch some TV. They were ready, but thankfully, it by passed them.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Those trees are amazing aren't they!
At least you didn't have to worry about vampires at the Motel 6:)