a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Homeward Bound

This is going to be difficult leaving my Dad for home today. I'm thinking this might be his last year. He is eating very well, but losing weight despite his good appetite and drinks of Ensure. We will continue to see that he is comfortable and happy. All of our medical decisions for Pop will be made with that in mind.
The cool thing is that Wayne is taking a week off in mid September to fly to Florida to care for Pop. That will give Jim and Linda a chance for another short getaway. I picked up a swimsuit, shorts and a couple of tees for Wayne yesterday. I put them in the spare bedroom closet for him. All I had to say to Wayne was I think this is Pop's last year. Five minutes later he called with dates to come to Florida. That's how SPECIAL my Pop is. :0)
Plus, it's nice to give my brother and Linda a little respite from the caregiver role. They are saints when it comes to caring for Dad. I can't even tell you how wonderful my sister-in-law is about Pop. There will be a special place in my heart for her always.
Time for me to get packed. It will be a tearful good-bye for me. I just don't know if I will get to see him again every time I leave to go home. I have had a fabulous visit. For that I am grateful. I have so much to be grateful for.....thank-you Lord.

2 comments:

Karen said...

How sweet of Wayne:)
And I agree, your brother and sister-in-law really are saints, and are special people.

gvmama said...

Thank-you Karen. I have lots of things to be thankful for.....