a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lacamas stockdog trial

The trial grounds are in Camus, Wa., a dairy farm owned by Lynn and Alison Johnston (don't come any nicer)  I met Lynn last year setting sheep at the Whidbey Island stockdog trial.  We set together some of the open runs.

Wow....90 dogs in Open and 76 dogs in Pro-Novice.   That has to be an all time record. :0)
http://www.lvsdt.com/

They give out each year the Evie Kimberly Humanitarian award at the exhibitor dinner on Saturday night.
http://www.lvsdt.com/EvieKimberly.html

Last year, Patrick Shannahan won the award.  He is whom I purchased Jet from....
http://www.patrickshannahan.com/articles.asp    P.S. Patrick writes some great articles!

JET has to be one of the "last dog's standing" bred by Evie Kimberly. :0)  So, I think it is fitting for me to take Jet to Lacamas to be a spectator.  I entered Yoko in Pro-Novice.  Kilt is staying home.  It is necessary for Wayne to have a Border Collie here in case of fire.  We have had some pretty close calls in the past.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone in the Pacific Northwest!  I had to cut my vacation a week short.  I really can't be gone 3 full weeks in fire season.  I saw my husband's eyebrows raise as he said, "You'll be gone 3 full weeks?"  So, I narrowed my vacation to 2 weeks.  I scratched the Oregon Wine Country trial. :0(  

I will be traveling mid August to my girlfriend's new farm.  That weekend I will "audit"  Scott Glen's shedding clinic.  That weekend is our anniversary.  Jeanne, Rick, Wayne, and I got married many moons ago in a DOUBLE wedding in Las Vegas.  Monday is the pro-novice day for the Island Crossing trial in Arlington, WQA.  Lucky it is only about an hour plus from Whidbey.  I will leave for the trial Sunday night and sleep in my truck if need be.  On Monday evening I will travel to Whidbey island to visit my son stationed there in the Navy.  A few days later in the week I will travel to Camas for the Lacamas trial.  While at Lacamas it's my girlfriend's birthday.  I already have her present.  And, then homeward bound.  I'd have to stay another week to trial Yoko in Oregon.  I need to get home.  I haven't won the lottery yet.  :0)

It seems all of my trips are fast and furious.  The Washington drive is a looooong one.  It takes me 23 hours from here to Whidbey island. Good thing I like to drive.  I bet I have driven this trip at least 10 times or more in my lifetime.  That blows some of my co-workers minds.  A few of them have never been out of L.A. county.  I'm sure they think I'm nuts.  I think I'm very lucky.