a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Friday, July 2, 2010

Ewesful Acre sheep and one of their guardians

Black faced Scotties.....California sheep would be so jealous. Look at that luscious landscape.
The Scotties sometimes bash each other with their horns (even while you are driving them with your dog) It is very wild kingdom like. They are a beautiful sheep.

One of the MacDonald Acres guardian dogs. He was doing his job. I know because I slept next to the pasture in my truck.

Since it was a three day trial, on day two a group of lovely Katahdins came to play and let the Scotties take a break. Pretty healthy looking, eh?



3 comments:

Jenny Glen said...

How is it that you always manage to camp next to the guardian dogs? It should be your first question to yourself when you go to a trial and are deciding where to park, "Now where do the guardian dogs live? I'll park on the other side of the field!"
:)

WalkOn Border Collies said...

Nice pix! The shot of Judy's sheep typify the MacDonald's trial! The trial up to set out and the holding pens...

gvmama said...

hahahaha Jenny...I parked where it was dry land as I watched the dozer pull someone out of the mud!