a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Saturday, June 26, 2010

My first Border Collie

Many people think Jet was my first Border Collie. Not true. I was just getting into working my Aussies when my life seem to take several new directions. It was in that tumultuous time that I purchased Chance. Chance came from Roger Schroeder. She was little and as bright as a top. People in the Aussie crowd thought I had bred Borders into my Aussies because they worked so well. They were quiet, had a bite when needed, and you would have to shoot them with a gun to get them to stop working. So being a bit naughty I purchased Chance. That would really give them something to talk about. :0) Unfortunately, my numero uno Aussie (my 1st soul mate) didn't get along with Chance. I placed Chance on a working sheep dog farm. I never got to work her since she wasn't a year yet when she left, and I never saw her again. Kind of a sad ending, but a happy ending, also.

No comments: