a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rancho Ventoso's 1st annual "Throw Down"

Is there anything better than a good ranch trial? I think not!

Just a few pictures from Ted and Chandra's first invitational ranch trial. The weather was good and I think most of the people and surely all of the dogs had a good time. I know I did. Plus, my 5 dogs including Xena the Lab and Trouble the JRT enjoyed coming along for the weekend festivities.
There was a chili cook-off on Saturday with some "killer" chili entries and we held a Kentucky Derby lottery on Saturday, too. Plus, there was a dessert contest to top it off. :0) I heard the lemon squares won, but I loved the peach cheesecake.

Dr. Bob's Spike looking his stylish self. Wow...I saw a great improvement in their relationship after attending the Bobby Dalziel clinic!
Vendors at the ranch trial. Ted had a booth set up and Honest Dogs were there plus another gal, Carrie, had brought some super dog toys for sale. I bought a few of those along with severeal sweatshirts from Allison and Bryan.

Bryan White of Honest Dogs giving the peace sign. Surfer dude. Nice guy/great dog, Scoop.

What's a "throw down" without afternoon Malibu rum jello shooters

The chili cook-off had some killer entries. Pictured dishing out dixie cups A, B C and D.

The "B" chili won. I forget your name, but your white bean chili was AWESOME. Though, the judge had 2 bowls of my chili :0)

Line up of people watching the ranch trial in progress. Pretty day.

More exhibitors watching. Classes consisted of Open, Intermediate, Started and Pre-Novice.

Ted welcoming everyone to his 1st annual "throw down"....both he and Chandra were gracious hosts. They opened up their home to everyone and squeezed quite a few RVs and trailers onto the property.

That's a picture of me and Mike Burks. I'm "congratulating" him on winning and beating me Saturday. I took second place with Kilt.

Joe Williams was there with his cattle dogs. What a fabulous tatoo!

A serious group studying their score sheets. Jean, Mike, Sally and Erin.













































No comments: