a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Thursday, November 26, 2009

My 92 year old Pop "Koosh"

Well, what can I say? It runs in the family. We are all camel jocks. If it moves, we can ride it.
This is a photo of my Dad in his late 80's in Egypt. Look at his form. Impeccable. He always was a natural on a horse. I can remember him sitting atop my quarter mare (no bridle/no saddle) while she grazed having a martini. Pop has lived a pretty colorful life. I think I can say, so has his daughter. I also used to race camels at the Indio Date Festival with my good friend Carolyn from New York. Those were back in the "horse show" days.
So, here's to my POP.....an officer, a gentleman, a wonderful husband, and the most fabulous father a girl could ever have! I'm looking forward to going to Florida in December to visit him.

No comments: