a blog about Kilt and her kids plus Trouble our JRT mascot.

My photo
Sequim, Washington, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Happy Birthday to me

Let love flow and someone will catch it.  That's exactly what I did and that's exactly what happened.
My heart was broken.  I wasn't sure if I could trust again yet give my heart to another person.

Karma is a funny thing.  I have met a man who loves me as much as I love him.  We wish we had met each other 40 years ago.  We are happy that we met each other now.  We will live in the present. 

Ken is my soulmate.  I have no doubts.  We cuddle, we snuggle, we dance, we shed tears, and we laugh until it hurts.  We have seen each other at our worst and our love continues to grow stronger with each passing day.

We share.  We share our sorrows, we share our dogs, we share our love for nature and photography.  I have a lover that is my very best friend.

We talk.  We talk from our hearts.  This has been something missing from my life for so many years.  We talk openly and honestly, about past relationships and about the present, and the future.  We know we are growing older and our bodies will fail us at times.  It's all part of life.

We are there for each other.  We cuddle and kiss listening to music for hours. We dance cheek to cheek. He is so sensitive to my needs.  He is so nurturing.  He is so loving.  He is so attentive. 

What is really crazy is that we are like two peas in a pod.  We both are very active.  Ken has been a windsurfer and downhill skier for many years.  He does agility with his dogs.  He is a photographer.
He used to raise horses. He has his Masters in Business Administration and I have my Masters in Nursing.  He has 2 Border Collies and an old Italian Greyhound.  I have 3 Border Collies and an old JRT.  We like many of the same foods, movies, games, etc.

The only real difference is that he is Canadian.  He was born in Alberta. I was born in New York.

I don't think either of us want to marry again.  I'm not sure I even believe in marriage anymore after living with a man who hurt me over and over again while I gave him everything I had. But, most definitely after my divorce I will make a living trust.  Love doesn't need a marriage contract.

All I know is that I thank God for bringing us together.  I asked the universe for a companion to come into my life.  My request was answered. A tall, humble, compassionate man entered my life.  Now I find myself blessed and blissfully happy.  I know my parents are smiling down on me from Heaven.  I'm a Capricorn; things always come late to me in life.  I'm just glad I have lived long enough to be able to feel what love is really like.
Happy Birthday to me!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! HAPPIEST! of (re)birthdays to you...
ggore

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Suzanne!
Love, your cousins,
Marie & Cantrell
Reno-Tahoe, NV